1115 North Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield, NC 27577
Automotive Service Porter
Great Pay and Benefits!
Career Advancement Opportunities!
Deacon Jones GM of Smithfield was established in 1970 and has been serving NC for over 40 years. We treat our people the way we want to be treated! Our unmatched service and diverse Buick, Chevrolet, GMC inventory have set us apart as the preferred dealer in Smithfield. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and the community.
Our Service Department is seeking to hire a full-time Service Porter to make sure vehicle flow is running smoothly in our fast-paced dealership! Porters greet and welcome customers in friendly and professional manner and park their cars. Porters move cars as necessary to assist customers and staff, direct the flow of traffic, and provide general lot supervision. We value our employees and invest in their success!
- Great pay plan!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee purchase program
- Paid Vacation / Sick time
- On-going training
- Opportunity for advancement
Responsibilities - Service Porter:
- Keep vehicle parking lots neat and orderly
- Move vehicles to maintain the flow of traffic as directed
- Assist customers with questions and direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Drive vehicles to and from service lane, service stalls, and parking lot as needed.
- Make key tags for vehicles.
- Provide safe transportation for customers to and from nearby locations
- Maintain cleanliness of dealership by: cleaning service lane, driveway, and sidewalks, and remove debris as necessary.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with our Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers, and vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements - Service Porter:
- Energetic, friendly and courteous
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude, good work ethic and well-groomed appearance
- Ability to work outdoors and be physically active in a fast-paced environment
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Able to drive both automatic and manual transmission
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.