304 N Oak Forest Rd., Goldsboro, NC 27534
Automotive Parts Counter Person
The Deacon Jones Family has been proudly serving North Carolina for over 40 years. Our motto is: 'We Treat You How We Would Like to be Treated'. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and the community.
Deacon Jones Hyundai in Goldsboro, NC is seeking a Parts Counter Person to fill parts requests for internal and external customers. We value our employees and invest in their success.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay plan!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee purchase program
- Paid Vacation / Sick time
- Opportunity for advancement
Responsibilities - Parts Counter Person:
- Retrieve and sell new and replacement automotive parts
- Assist external and internal customers by listening to and clarifying requests; identifying automotive parts; offering and explaining alternative solutions.
- Complete sales by entering purchased items into sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to credit account; issuing sales receipts.
- Maintain parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders when order-points are reached.
- Stock items by unpacking, arranging, and placing items in bins and on shelves; adjusting inventory system.
- Receive and inspect returned items; return payment; issue credit; re-pack and re-shelve items; return damaged items to supplier.
- Maintain safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures, complying with codes.
Qualifications/Requirements - Parts Counter Person:
- Previous auto parts experience required
- Great customer service, telephone and verbal communications skills are required
- Must have CDK knowledge
- Data Entry/Computer Skills
- Product knowledge
- Good vendor relationships
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Some lifting is required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.