1149 S Lake St., Aurora, IL 60507
Competitive pay plan
Medical and Dental Insurance
Life and short-term disability insurance
401(k) retirement plan with company match
More Info / Apply
1149 S Lake St., Aurora, IL 60507
Sales Consultant – Medium &
New and Used
$50K - $65K base depending on experience
$100K+ with commission
Coffman Truck Sales is a company-owned and operated business celebrating its 70th year in business. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and community. We value our employees and invest in their success.
We need to hire a Sales Consultant to sell new and/or used medium and heavy-duty trucks in accordance with established profit and unit count objectives.
- Competitive pay plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation
Essential Duties - Sales Consultant:
- Assists customers in selecting/ordering trucks by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the sale of new and used medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Meets or exceeds objectives for new- and/or used-truck deliveries established by the dealership.
- Uses all reasonable methods of prospecting for new- and used-truck customers on a daily basis, either by telephone or by making calls to individuals and businesses outside the dealership.
- Prepares and turns in to the truck sales manager outside sales call reports, listing who was called, what units were quoted, and units available for sale, if applicable.
- Provides follow-up and ongoing service to existing customers.
- Offers service to all walk-in and call-in customers on assigned floor days.
- Demonstrates new and used trucks to customer. (May include test drives.)
- Closes new and used truck deals.
- Writes complete and accurate sales orders, secures deposits, and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepares purchaser statements.
- Delivers new trucks, explaining new-truck warranty and service policies.
- Attends sales and training meetings.
- Studies truck and equipment specifications to improve knowledge of product performance and application continually.
- Appraises used trucks when necessary.
- Collects accurate and complete financial data on customers when necessary.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements - Sales Consultant:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Dealership will assist with training, must fulfill requirement within 1st year of employment)
- Must have good reading and writing skills
- Resume must be uploaded
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must have good math skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.